Saturday, January 25, 2014

asdf jkl; - Typing!

asdf - the four keys you type with your left hand
jkl; - the four keys you type with your right hand

Who used typing programs in their elementary school computer class? I did! I HATED it at the time. We had these orange skins that you couldn't see through and we had to put the skins over our keyboard so we couldn't see any keys. I really struggled and was so frustrated and would sometimes peek and get caught! After practice and practice, I finally started to get better at it and I am so happy I pushed on. I feel like I am a very fast typer right now, thanks to my school program "All the Right Type."

I took a typing test the other day and I can type at approximately 96 WPM! Try taking the test and see what you type at! It's cool because on this test it tells you afterwards how much time you save on average compared to the average typer! I found this so neat to see. It's amazing how much time you can save from typing fast! It's a good practice to take this test and practice your typing skills! Good Luck!



2 comments:

  1. This was fun! Thanks for sharing. I have definitely improved since my elementary and high school days. We used "All the Right Type" in school too. I was actually surprised during internship how poor my students (in grade 8) were are keyboarding considering their generation is supposedly so familiar with computers and technology. Many of them did not use home row and were very very slow. I think that keyboarding games and lessons should become a more regular part of the school day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I agree with your views on typing too! I think we forget the basics sometimes. Kids know how to use iPads before they can walk, but most kids today don't even know the home row, like you said!

    ReplyDelete