Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blogs to Follow

Scholastic - Top Teaching Blog


I found 5 awesome blogs that everybody should check out! Shelly Terrell joined my ECMP 355 class last night to share about PLN's (Personal Learning Networks) and I enjoyed listening to her! Shelly Terrell really stressed to "share it!!" She says to share lesson plans, resources, information. I agree with her! That's how we learn - from others. 
Imagine if we all had one or two really fantastic lessons that we thought really connected with the kids, then we all shared them! Imagine all the information and resources we could acquire!




1) Teacher Reboot Camp Click Here
This is Shelly Terrell's website and I find it very helpful! She helped me learn about PLN's (Personal Learning Network) in my ECMP 355 class last night. She explained that teachers really need to learn from each other and share ideas - and this can all be done online!! Check out her "PLN Tips for Teachers" under her Categories section.

2) Scholastic - Top Teaching Click Here
Wow! This site is incredible for teaching ideas. They have 10 teachers and their blogs available to access. When you hover your mouse over their photo and name it pops up with what grade they teach and other cool information! When you click on a person, you can scroll down and see all of their recent posts! Definitely check this site out! (See picture of site at top of blog post)

3) Peeking Into Division 19 Click Here
This website is about Ms. Lirenman's Class. Ms. Lirenman is the teacher I was paired up with for my mentoring assignment. I really like her website. It has useful ideas on it to use in my own classroom! I believe that all the kids are paired up 1:1 with an ipad. You will see this when you look at her blogging site. From her pictures, her teaching looks hands on and very inquiry based!

4) Ms. Cassidy's Classroom Blog Click Here
I really like this blogging site for a few reasons! First of all, it's a very easy site to navigate and follow. Second, Ms. Cassidy and her class live in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan! They are our neighbours! While I was checking out her site, I noticed that she has a section labelled "Classes We Learn With" and she has listed Ms. Lirenman's Class - they are the class I am paired up with for my mentoring!!! So neat! On the right side of her blog you will notice that all the kids in her class have their own blogs and she has links to them! Those are so cool to check out because they are written right from the kids. 

5) Teaching Village Click Here
This is a website focusing mainly on ESL (English as a Second Language) learners specifically (or as they call it on their site, EFL - English as a Foreign Language). On Teaching Village, they list countless blogs about ESL help for your students if you click on "blogs" at the top! People also post something if they need help and then other people can comment to offer advice or help that teacher! The author of this blog is Barbara Sakamoto and she says, "I’m hoping that Teaching Village will help me connect with EFL teachers I’ve met in workshops around the world, and to make new friends, too!"

Enjoy looking at all my favourite blogs!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alannah

    Just adding a quick test comment to see if there is any obvious reason why Emily is having issues submitting comments on your blog.

    Thanks
    Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alannah! I will be sure to follow some of these. I follow Ms. Cassidy on twitter and she is so wonderful. I am excited to build up my own PLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaching Village looks like an awesome resource! I'm definitely bookmarking it for use in the future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks Deanna and Laura for the comments :)
    Sue, I'm not sure how come that's happening! Other people seem to be commenting okay. I tried commenting on my blog from my phone and it wouldn't work, so maybe Emily was doing that? But on my computer everything works fine!!

    ReplyDelete