Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Online!

I made myself a profile on the website "VisualCV." It is currently in the process of being edited and worked on! I think this is a fantastic way for employers to "google" you and find out great things about you. The internet can be very positive and it can also be negative. It is up to you as an individual to make sure that it is viewed as positive for your current and future employers.

I "googled" myself and below you will see the results that came up. I was recently married last year, so I googled both my new and old name.

My first name (old name) came up with results such as pinterest, twitter, Facebook, youtube, google+ (not surprising). However... I was creeped out when I clicked on "images." I found images of me and one photo is from when I was in grade 7 or 8! I don't know how that got on there. In total, 6 pictures came up of me!

I then googled my new name and results came up with twitter, Facebook, pinterest, and the rest of the results were really not about me. No photos of me came up with googling "Alannah Jackson," however LOTS of photos came up - of ALAN Jackson! We look quite a bit different!

I feel like there is more on me in the internet from my prior last name, however not as much with my new last name. I liked googling myself because it made me think about what future employers will see when they google me! I have nothing that I wouldn't want a future employer to see, so it relaxes me in that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment