Friday, March 14, 2014

Padlet

Padlet...What is Padlet?! 

Padlet is like having a blank piece of paper for your computer that you can easily add notes or information to! All you do is click "build a wall" and you begin. You can choose your backgrounds, layout, privacy information, and many more settings.

This is so neat to use in a classroom! I wasn't too sure how to use this website so I googled it and I found this great 6 minute youtube video explaining how to use it for classroom use! View Video

In the youtube video, the teacher basically explains that you could post a question and have your students go on and post their name with an answer. For example, "what did you learn in class today?" I learned from this video that you can password protect your padlet for your class! As long as your class knows the password they can access it.  I also learned that you can create a web address for your padlet as long as it's available. By default it will give you a web address such as: http://padlet.com/wall/ten00huyff. Now if you're okay with typing that in, that's great! But if not, you click on the little gear that says, "modify" and then click on the link picture that says, "address." Here you can type in whatever you like, for example: mrsjackson2014. So the web address the students would type in would be: http://padlet.com/wall/mrsjackson2014.

Try out this website! It's fantastic! To check out my padlet I created and add to it, see below!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Alannah,
    Thanks for sharing- I loved the video! I like the idea of having a page where we can all collaborate. Just a question what do you mean by educational websites? Sites that are good for kids to go on by themselves (ie. brainpop) or sites that are good tools for teachers (ie. photopeach). Let me know and hopefully I can add something helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this, Alannah! Padlet was one of the things that I wanted to try after watching the video and I am planning on doing so for my tech task. The video looks great and I will definitely take a look at it when creating my padlet. What do you plan on using your Padlet for? You have a couple different things on there that I am assuming you use frequently so I almost see it as a bookmark page that you have created. Correct me if I am way out to left field on that one.
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks! I really love the Padlet, too! I think it is a great tool to have for any grade level and subject! I'll have to change my address to something better! I never knew about that feature! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I thought it was neat, but not necessarily something I would use in the classroom until reading your post! I really enjoy the idea that students can post answers with their names on it. Its like doing exit slips but online! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post Alannah! I love the idea of using Padlet as a classroom tool. It is so diverse in use which makes in a great resource for almost any classroom subject. I love the idea of Padlet in ECE to document student learning and make it accessible for parents to see and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha, thanks for another comment! And to answer your question, educational websites are EVERYTHING :) Please add websites you like and I'll post them!! I think I'm going to make sections like: For Teachers, For Kids, Personal... etc! Any thoughts? What other sections could I add?

    Lindsay, thanks for the comment. And you are totally correct, I am using it as a bookmark page!! Also using it so other people can look and find new websites that they maybe didn't know about! This way it will always be accessible from whatever computer I am using and all my favourite websites are in one place!!!

    Helyn, thanks for the comment :) I didn't know about that feature until I watched the youtube video too! I think it's so neat because you can change it to something that applies to what you want!

    Chelsea, thanks for the comment :) I would definitely use padlet in my classroom! It's a neat place for students to post. Almost like a younger version of google drive! Has anybody used google drive, specifically in your classroom? I've used it in university classes and I love it! You can create a space and add people and anyone who has permission can comment and type! Really cool.

    Deanna, thanks for the comment! :) I love that it's diverse too! You can use it for literally ANYTHING!! And yes, then parents can see and comment too!

    ReplyDelete